Monday, 4 May 2015

Inspirational Reading...

Since studying on the BAPP, I have watched two separate videos by Ken Robinson, where he voices his challenging and controversial views on our education system and performing arts. These have altered my thinking. As a drama teacher, I have found that these videos particularly relevant to my practices.

Due to this, I have downloaded two of his books to help broaden my thinking and knowledge on education, performing arts and my own practices: Finding Your Element: How to Discover your Passions and Talents and Transform Your Life and Creative Schools: Revolutionizing Education from the Ground Up.


Robinson, K & Aronica, L.(2014) Finding Your Element: How to Discover your Passions and Talents and Transform Your Life. Kindle Edition: Penguin Books

I am currently reading Finding Your Element. I am finding this books supports my BAPP studies and current role, as it is challenging my own thinking about my passion and career. As a performing arts practitioners, we are very passionate about our subject and this is something I think is imperative to incorporate into my teaching. I also think it is very important to nurture the passion my students have for the subject, particularly those who are considered 'naughty' or 'bad' in academic subjects like Maths and English.

The book requires you to complete certain tasks and I am currently incorporating this into my reflective journal, as many of the tasks are concerned with work place. I am interested to know if anyone has already read this book and if they have any lasting impressions or thoughts about their experience?




Reference List

Robinson, K. & Aronica, L. (2014) Finding Your Element: How to Discover your Passions and Talents and Transform Your Life. Kindle Edition: Penguin Books

Robinson, K. & Aronica, L. (2015) Creative Schools: Revolutionizing Education from the Ground Up. Kindle Edition: Penguin Books

Robinson, K. (2013) The Path to Discovering Your Talents and Passions [Internet] Available From: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2SdpCR1iM&list=PLii66kkyf4NglFuY7aJDcMnvKOCV9oj1q [Accessed on 4 May 2015] 

1 comment: