As I predicted this was a difficult exercise! However, I found it really satisfying to outline my main findings in such a concise form. I think this would use useful in the Critical Review either in the introduction or to summarise the findings of my inquiry. Furthermore, it has made me consider how I will present my findings in my oral presentation.
Summary of My Main Project Findings in 100 words including the main benefits to my practice:
In alignment with literature, I have
discovered that engaged pupils are interested and involved in their classwork.
I understand the importance of instilling affective (emotional) engagement within
the multi-dimensional construct (Fredricks, Blumenfeld and Paris, 2004).
Practitioners engage students through task variety and group work, utilising
effective teacher-student-relationships (Furrer and Skinner 2003), autonomy
support (Jang, Reeve and Deci, 2012) and modeling to build confidence, manifesting
itself in planning. I will apply
and adapt these strategies and knowledge within my practices, with the
capacity to carry out further research into the benefits of learning through Drama (Fleming, 2012)
in relation to English.
(Word Count: 100 words)
Reference List
Fleming, M. (2012) The Arts in Education: An Introduction to
aesthetics, theory and pedagogy New York: Routledge
Fredricks,
J. A., Blumenfeld, P. C. and Paris A. H. (2004) ‘School Engagement: Potential
of the Concept, State of the Evidence’ Review
of Educational Research, 74 (1), 59-109
Furrer,
C. and Skinner, E. (2003) ‘Sense of Relatedness as a Factor in Children’s
Academic Engagement and Performance’ Journal
of Education Psychology, 95 (1), 148-162
Jang, H.,
Reeve, J. and Deci, E. L. (2010) ‘Engaging Students in Learning Activities: It
Is Not Autonomy Support or Structure but Autonomy Support and Structure’ Journal of Educational Psychology, 102
(3), 588-600
No comments:
Post a Comment