Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Task 1d – 2d Images

For most people this task is fairly straight forward, however the ethical considerations for me as part of this task made it very challenging. All day I work with students in classrooms and even after school during extra curricular clubs I am with the students. So taking photos of my work is very difficult to do, as I cannot take photos of students. For example, I am currently helping the school’s musical production, which is fast approaching performance day, so the students are working very hard to develop a good show. During rehearsals tonight, the students were taking direction from the production’s teacher and director and blocking set movements that they will be performing; this would have been a perfect opportunity to show how privileged I am to work with such conscientious young people during my working day through an image, but unfortunately I can not include the students in these photos.
I hope I have ‘captured’ what I do at work through some of the photos I have added to my recently created Flickr account after the issues I have just discussed. These photos include a variety of year 7 students’ drama written work on a ‘Darkwood Manor’ work scheme. I have also included a photo of my workspace, which I hope encompasses my daily struggle to manage both my workload and study time!
Professional Profile/Platform
I have found this form of Web 2.0 with images very thought provoking. I have never thought how these applications can be used as a work related tool as a type of portfolio or promotion. I hope to add to these photos throughout the course as I gain more experience in my role at my workplace. When I become more confident and competent at using these technologies, I hope to develop the ways in which I can use these tools as a professional platform.
Privacy
I have mentioned previously the dangers of social media or teachers, so taking extra precautions on Flickr is crucial to remain professional at all times. I have created a new account to ensure my professional photos are kept completely separate in order to comply with professionalism and netiquette. I have also adapted the privacy settings on my acoount.
Deliberations…
I came across a blog based on a photographer’s point of view about Instagram and I found it was extremely interesting. I felt the debate surround the amateur or professional platform (and what was acceptable to post of Instagram) very thought provoking. I made me consider whether another application, like Flickr, would be more suitable for my professional purposes.

Reference List:
Boyce, R (2014) Instagram – a platform for professionals? [Internet] Available From: http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/2014/05/01/instagram-a-platform-for-professionals/ [Accessed on 3 March 2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment