Last night I had a tutorial with Paula to
discuss my One Page Summary for my inquiry. We discussed ideas for my artefact,
as well as the conditions of my inquiry from the ethics board.
Artefact
Paula talked about the artefact being like
a ‘product’ that is developed from the research. It is about communicating an
idea to an audience. I still don’t know what type of artefact I would like to
create, however we discussed the idea of challenging myself to produce
something really creative. I said I would like to create something with
audio-visual or audio. We also talked about the need to find something that ‘excites’
me or that I am ‘passionate’ about and bring that into my artefact. I have an
idea that my professional audience would be teachers, as this fits within my
professional practices. But I think the challenge of the artefact will be to
create something that is useful for my professional audience, but combines
aspects of creativity.
ACTION PLAN: I am going to research some
ideas that previous BAPP Arts students have used for their artefacts.
ACTION PLAN: Undertake some web research to
fine ideas/videos that excite me or that I am passionate about (using
Google/YouTube/Blogs)
'Wordle' of my reflections and action plans from the online session and tutorial
Inquiry Plan
We also discussed the idea that I need to
look into some more ‘arts based’ research books. I have used insider researcher
books and educational research books, but Paula reminded me that the inquiry is
arts based. I am an arts practitioner even though I work in a school and I think
this is something that I have not taken into full consideration during the
inquiry plan. I feel that sometimes, working in a school full time, that I
become so immersed in the world of education (particularly with exam season
approaching), that I sometimes find it difficult to ‘marry together’ my
background in Performing Arts with a school curriculum.
ACTION PLAN: Look for Arts-based research
books and study these carefully.
ACTION PLAN: Look for literature of Drama –
finding something that excites me as an arts practitioner or something that I
am passionate about.

No comments:
Post a Comment