Friday, 16 October 2015

Task 4d: Literature Reviews

I originally found it difficult to select three pieces of literature that related to my topic. I have found I have undergone a lot of confusion and frustration this week over my inquiry. Generally, I have been feeling quite overwhelmed and lost.
However after Adesola’s advice from the online session, I looked back at my questions for the assumptions I had made, to discover what I was truly interested in finding out more about. From this exercise, I found two themes really permeated the majority of my questions: ‘Dance and Literacy’, and ‘Engagement’. Therefore I selected three articles, using Summon, that I felt related to this topic. Through the research process, I found that I was already using my critical thinking skills as I dismissed certain articles because I didn’t find them useful for expanding my knowledge or I found the views and stand points for the arguments biased. I ensured annotated the articles in detail with highlighters before writing my reviews. I hope to have used my critical thinking skills in the selection and justification of why I have chosen these sources, for both the positive and negative aspects of each article.
I have posted my reviews of a separate page. Please follow the link below and I would appreciate feedback on these reviews to guide me in the right direction:


No comments:

Post a Comment