Since my tutorial with Paula, I have been
trying to establish ‘what really excites me about the arts’ and ‘what I am
passionate about’ to try and bring elements of this into my inquiry and, in
particular, my artefact.
I feel that the Artefact will be one of my
greatest challenges of the module (along with many other aspects I’m sure!), as
I want to push myself to be creative. On Lara’s advice, I have realised that I
should use my community of practice in the BAPP Arts course and use the
expertise of the previous Module 3 students. The diversity and creativity of
the Artefacts produced by previous Module 3s have been amazing. I found that
Michelle had posed some fantastic advice on Module 3, which I really
appreciated too. This process also gave me confidence that the Artefact ideas
often evolve along the inquiry – something that I have been concerned about.
I have felt like I have spent a lot of time
reflecting today about what I am passionate about. I spend time looking back
through my Module 1 and 2 blog posts and came across my post, InspirationalReading… I then remembered I had started (but not finished) a diary as part of
my reflective practices for Ken Robinson’s (2014) ‘Finding Your Element:
Discover Your Passions and Talents and Transform Your Life’. I then spent time
looking though the diary and found the collage I had created for ‘EXERCISE
THREE: PICTURE YOURSELF’. Looking back through this, I realised that pictures,
colour and visual sources are something that I am really passionate about. I
don’t profess to be remotely ‘good’ at art but I do find that drawing, diagrams
and collages help me to reflect, learn and organise my time. I am now going to
ensure that I make time every week to continue reading this book and completing
my diary as it may help me find the ‘creative’ side of my inquiry as the majority
of the work relies on reflecting upon current professional practices.
I have found today that I have become
confused at points, as I have had so many different thought relating to
different aspects of Module 3: artefact, literature review, inquiry preparation.
I decided to use a technique that was introduced on the induction day by Paula
called ‘Compartmentalising’ (Induction - Campus Session). Reflecting upon my earlier thoughts about image,
colour and drawing, I am going to try and a diagram I created using an existing picture to help me
organise my thinking for Module 3 more clearly alongside my updated Gantt
chart.
Reference List
Robinson, K & Aronica, L. (2014) Finding Your Element: How to Discover you Passions and Talents and Transform your Life. Kindle Edition: Penguin Books


I really like this post, Jess! It took me back to your Inspirational Reading post and now I've added Ken Robinson's book onto my list. I've always loved his famous TED talk on creativity in schools, but am eager to read his book as well now.
ReplyDeleteI agree, this course with its many different aspects really hones organisational skills and I, too, will aim to compartmentalize even more.
I was wondering, are planning to use software to transcribe your interview or doing it by hand?
Best,
Lara
I'm glad this helped, Lara. I think his theories and ideas are really inspirational. What I like about 'Finding Your Element' are the tasks involved in the book, deepening reflective practice.
ReplyDeleteWell I use a dictation software that was installed on my laptop with my dyslexia support. Speaking to Paula last module, she advised to to only transcribe the quotes I was going to use but it might be worth checking this with your academic advisor?
Jess.
Thanks, Jess, his book is now definitely added to my list :) Also, it makes sense transcribing purely the quotes I am using, and I'll make sure to check with Paula aswell. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteSpeak soon,
Lara
thanks Jess
ReplyDelete